Expectations from Speakers
- A NOTE CONCERNING HONORARIA - SHRM has a long-held tradition of using event sessions as a platform for innovation and information sharing in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking and providing our attendees with the latest trends and content related to people management issues.
We expect presenters:
- To acknowledge they are available to speak during any timeframe of the event and as such will not request a change to the session time frame assigned, if selected.
- To work closely with organizers before the event and meet all deadlines;
- To make no substantial changes to content, format, audio/visual needs, room set-up, identity or number of presenters without prior approval of event organizers.
- To design and provide high-quality PowerPoint presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given;
- To recognize that a presentation is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product;
- To give SHRM permission to audio and/or video record their session and to sync their onsite slide presentation with the recording for the purpose of selling, licensing to SHRM affiliates, or otherwise using the recording at a later time in any SHRM products, or those of its affiliates, in any media. Agree that SHRM shall be the exclusive owner of the synchronized recording, but that they will otherwise retain ownership of their onsite slide presentation. On the speaker’s request, SHRM will provide a downloadable copy of the recording. SHRM will grant permission to edit the recording and to post the recording on the speaker’s professional website (not another individual’s or organization’s) for the speaker’s own promotional and professional purposes. (Speakers selected to speak at the conference who do not agree to this will have the option of saying “no” on their Statement of Acceptance.)
- To respect SHRM as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform;
- To be available for press interviews, if requested. Please remember that members of the press may be attending your session;
- To provide a headshot and bio for SHRM to us for marketing purposes (printed pieces, email announcements, digital display); and
- To include a message in social media and website (personal or corporate) mentioning speaking engagement using the event hashtag.